Professional Indemnity Insurance Help Centre
Get answers to the most frequently asked questions about professional indemnity insurance and Doctor Shield
Browse the categories below to find your answers. If you don’t find what you are looking for, use the contact form to connect with a professional insurance indemnity specialist.
What is covered in Professional Indemnity Insurance?
- Covers for claims arising from a Medical Incident by the insured in the provision of professional healthcare services
- Cover for legal representation costs incurred directly in connection with formal inquiries into the conduct of professional healthcare services
- Vicarious liability for doctors , doctors working as locums
- Good Samaritan Acts
- Covers for claims for unintentional defamation by the insured in the provision of professional healthcare services
- Covers for unintentional infringement of any intellectual property
- Loss of documents
- Automatic run-off coverage
- Advancement of defence costs and legal representation expenses
Is your insurance based on occurrence basis or claims-made basis?
Although the policy is claims-made basis, we offer unlimited retroactive date. In other words, as long as you are holding on to our policy, we cover you for all the matters arising from the date you started practising.
In today’s market, most insurers and clients have moved to providing Claims-made basis as its more cost effective.
What makes Doctor shield solution different?
- World’s First online complete platform to purchase medical professional indemnity policy
- We partner with Chubb , the World’s Top Property & Casualty insurance company
- Claims are fast and easy as Chubb has local capacity to pay claims and is located in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Clients can appoint their own Lawyer of choice as long as they inform CHUBB
What is the limit for Locum practice?
How do I pay the premium?
You may pay premiums via our website using credit or debit cards. You can get a quote now by clicking here.
Is your premium monthly or yearly?
Where do I get promo codes? And what does Promo codes offer us?
Can I get a copy of policy Schedule?
Can I buy a one year policy starting April to April?
What's the minimum limit of liability for APC eligibility?
What if I am planning to retire from practicing next year ? What is Run Off Cover?
Do you provide 1 day insurance cover for Doctor from Overseas?
Since the doctor is from overseas, it’s important that he checks if he is eligible to practice in Malaysia.The Insurance will only cover healthcare professionals who are licensed to practice.
Does your insurance coverage come with a Retroactive date? How long?
What is the minimum and maximum duration of the policy?
Do you provide coverage for hospitals other than principal place of practice that are not mentioned in APC?
How do I get coverage for two different specialities under one policy?
What is the process for renewal?
Do I have to renew the policy after 31st December?
When should I start policy renewal Process for PI.
CALL OR CHAT WITH US FOR MORE ASSISTANCE
Our friendly professionals are ready to assist you.
Looking for some help?
Need help in picking the right medical professional indemnity insurance, with the right covers? Ask for a call back. Our customer service managers are waiting to support you.